Sunday, April 28, 2013

Into the Valley of Death Rode the Six Hundred


Perhaps it's a little overly dramatic to cite Tennyson's poem here but my reason for this piece of theatre is that I needed to say something about the number "six hundred".  According to Blogger, this is my 600th post since starting this web log lark almost nine years ago.  This statistic may not be particularly impressive by the standards of those who write for a living but at least I'm still here which is more than I can say for most of the personal blogs that started around the same time as me.  Like the luckier Lancers of the gallant Light Brigade, I've more or less survived the barrage of chainshot, grapeshot and other artillery fire of day-to-day life and kept going.  So onward to the next 600 posts  -the problem is that the flak is still incoming and I haven't caught a glimpse of the cannons yet...!

No comments: