Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I've Created a Monster

Now look everybody this is becoming ridiculous -I really have created a monster! As regular readers will know I first enquired about who Sarah Beeny was sometime ago because of Scaryduck’s seemingly prurient interest and because I was feeling out of touch with popular culture in the UK. When I mentioned her on this site the number of hits I received increased six fold, for awhile at least. Most came from perverts individuals doing Google and Yahoo searches on SB. I commented on this observation on a couple of occasions and suggested that the mention of her name as a keyword could increase internet site traffic. Since I’ve observed the Beeny Effect on several occasions. This is the phenomenon in which otherwise normal, rational, men go quite loopy at the mention of her name.

Last week I wrote that the inordinately sensible Andy Merrett cloned my site traffic experiment. Now I’ve discovered that things have become even sillier. The excellent Caratacus from Down Under, who normally writes very scholarly and pointed political commentary, seems to have dislocated some of his neuronal synapses and has been up to mischief with PhotoShop and some dodgy third party images, I suspect. Furthermore he has thrown down (to me, ergh) a “Top Tottie Challenge” gauntlet. OK, Mate, yer on. I’ve been promising another Top Tottie post for some time so I’ll get to it. Watch this space but be warned, there will be no shenanigans with PhotoShop here (I can't afford it) and anyway I'm not that kind of blogger...

Note I’ve just checked Caratacus’ site and he’s toned things down a bit from yesterday which may or may not be a shame depending on your point of view…

No comments: