Monday, May 23, 2005

Airline Food is not Food -It’s Official

PanAm004
A meal served on a PanAm flight in the 1960s. Unfortunately both the airline and meals like this are now a distant memory. Photo from Airline Meals.

Recently I was making a travel claim regarding a trip to Singapore to attend a conference. The administrator handling the claim asked me why I’d only claimed for three days food and subsistence when I was in fact six days away. I explained that I spent three days of the trip in an airplane and was provided with food during that time. The reply I received was that I could still claim for food and subsistence because the US State Department doesn’t count food on airplanes as meals! I now have new respect for the Federal Government in view of its enlightened position on this matter.

No comments: