Saturday, April 09, 2005

The Royal Wedding

Chuck and Di

The unseemly display of schadenfreude that has accompanied the preparations for Charles and Camilla’s wedding has been remarkable. There doesn’t seem to be a great deal of respect left for the Royal Family in Great Britain these days and I suspect we are seeing the start of an inexorable march towards a Republic. Nevertheless I’d like to wish The Happy Couple well and am tempted to speculate that if they’d been allowed to marry 30 years ago not only would a lot of misery been avoided but the Royal Family might beheld in somewhat higher esteem. But because I’m predictably shallow, I can’t resist taking a final cheap shot and displaying the latest offering from Neil at Beau Bo d’Or who sent me, unsolicited, the above poster.

Peace!

No comments: