Sunday, December 26, 2004

Merry Christmas!


Christmas with Crotchet
Originally uploaded by wjwmorrow.
Christmas Day has come and gone for another year. It was spent at home in the pleasant company of good friends. I spent the day cooking and eating as well as opening a few presents. The weather was typical Seattle -unrelenting rain. I lit a fire in the grate and a lot of candles. The rather hastily erected Christmas tree looked nice and the cats seemed excited. They were given a can of tuna and some catnip as Christmas treats. Dinner was leak and potato soup, lamb (that turkey really gets on my nerves) with roasted parsnips, artichokes with crabmeat followed by proper English Christmas Pudding (yea, Tesco). The table was set off with crackers from Pier 1. In the process of consuming all of this a great deal of sherry, wine and brandy was imbibed albeit at a very measured and civilized pace: I felt extremely mellow all day.

Today, Boxing Day, I spent lazing around, tidying up and doing a bit of admin. Tomorrow is work again. Ughh! There really is too much to do. Plus I've got to start mapping the rally. I must work on my efficiency (I've been saying this my entire working life). Oh well, I'll just have to get my finger out. On my next post I'll continue with the rest on my saga in the UK's West Country.

So for now I'll sign off by wishing all my readers, family and friends a very Merry Christmas.

Peace!

No comments: