Friday, August 27, 2004

Classic rallying

Alright I know I'm a bit slow but I've figured out that I'll have to post a photo from a PC so I'll do it on a friend's machine when I get a moment.

Today is the last Friday in August. I think that in Seattle at least the dog days of summer have passed. This year has flown by although september promises to be very exciting -more on this later.

I'll put political commentary on hold for awhile. Today I'm trying to keep one of my hobbies, namely classic rallying, on track. I campaign a 1965 Morris Mini Cooper S. The car lives in England. I'm planning to compete in the Monte Carlo Historique rally in January 2005. Although this is not my first time on this event, I'm always astonished at the preparation that is necessary. Currently I'm concerned that two valuable Lucas spotlights that were sent off for restoration have gone missing. This will involve some detective work with UPS. If I can decorate this site with all kinds of photos I'll post pictures of the car. The MC Historique is the biggest and most prestigious event of all the classic car rallys held worldwide and I'll post a running commentary on our preparations and possibly a log from the event itself (assuming I can find wireless internet access in remote regions of France). However that's all a long way off....

No comments: